- About homes around the world
- About the ways in which different people live in their lives
- About homes in a range of different habitats
- About the different materials used to build homes
- About how to design and construct a suitable home
- About how to make mud bricks
- About how human homes have changed throughout history
- About the different groups of animals on our planet
- About the different habitats that they live in
- About how animals have evolved over time and adapted to their natural habitat
STARS OF THE WEEK
In Year 4 this week we have been on an amazing holiday! Mr Michael and Mr Thabo have taken us on a trip to some of the wonders of the world! We visited Machu Picchu, the Great Barrier Reef, The Colosseum, the Grand Canyon, the Great Wall of China and many more! We have practised making notes, have done lots of planning and are now ready to write an amazing postcard to Ms. Lori to tell her about our incredible trip.
In Year 3 we have been thinking really hard about our punctuation this week. We have practised using commas, apostrophes and speech marks accurately in our work. We have also begun planning an adventure story by creating story mountains.
In Year 3 this week we have been focusing on answering questions by finding information in bar charts and pictograms. We have also practised out mental maths by working on mental strategies to add 3 numbers together.
In Year 4, we have been practising using written methods for all four mathematical operations! Multiplication, division, addition and subtraction; we have done the lot! It has been hard work, but we are becoming much more confident in our own skills now that we have practised!